Go to the File Manager tab under Media.
Select the folder that your image is labeled under.
Once you open that folder, a list of images labeled under the folder will appear to the right hand side of the page.
The images are labeled alphabetically.
To resize your photo: Select the blue edit icon corresponding with the correct image.
A page will pop up, allowing you to resize your photo.
1. Input the width
2. Input the height
3. Click apply to view below how your image will appear.
4. This rotation button allows you to flip your image 180 degrees (upside down)
5. These buttons rotate your image 90 degrees one way
6. The image is displayed below, which allows you to manually adjust the size.
7. Once you have edited your image to the size you want, click the save button to update your changes.
Another option is to leave the width and height inserts blank and then click the blue Apply button. This will recompress the image, making it fast in delivery.
Here are some ways to know what to size your photo:
- If your image is a landscape photo, the width of the image would become 500 pixels
- If your image is a portrait photo, the height of the image would become 500 pixels
- If your image is square, it will become 500 x 500
Image size (pixel) examples:
If you are creating a gallery, it is recommended to use between 1000px-1200px. This way, the image is large when the user clicks on it.
It is not a good practice to keep re-sizing the same image over and over. This will lead to degradation in the image's quality. Never resize an image so that it is larger than it was originally. This will cause the image to be stretched/pixelated.