Adding a group
Go to the Groups tab on the VSM menu bar.
Click on the Group Manager category under the tab.
Click the + Group icon at the top of the page.
At the top of the page are four tabs. Upon creating your group, only Ecom and Appearance may be edited. Be sure to fill out all information needed before moving to the next tab.
- Title your group.
- Use the drop down arrow on the bar to select a profile page. The profile page is how the group manager can access the group and edit it. You can include a query string as well if you want to.
- If you want your group to classify as a forum group, check this box.
- If you want to give new members access to your site as registered users, check this box. (the information bubble explains this as well)
NOTE: A query string is part of a URL that includes specific characters to reach certain information. This usually starts with a question mark. An example of this would be (the bolded part being the query):
This can be longer or shorter depending on what information is needed. If you want to learn more about a query string in order to successfully include one in your group, more information can be found here.
Once you have filled out all the correct information, go to the Ecom tab at the top of the page.
- Input the internal name.
- As stated below the bar, the minimum order amount is the smallest amount a member can spend in one checkout. Insert the desired amount.
- Check the box if you want no taxes on orders.
- Check the box if you want no shipping cost added to orders when the member is logged in.
Once you have filled out information under both the Appearance and Ecom tab, be sure to click the green Create button to save your group.
NOTE: Once you have saved your group, you can go back and add Rules and Files. All information can be edited at any time.
Still Need Help?